Don’t waste an important opportunity. ASK QUESTIONS! Here are some questions to get the oral history party started:
2. What lesson(s) did your parents teach you that still stand out to be true?
3. Where did you go to elementary school?
4. When were you (if ever) drawn to a social movement?
5. Why did you/your family choose to live in [name the city/town]?
6. How will your descendants remember you in 100 years?
And maybe some people have enough memories to answer for their parents and grandparents!
But don’t let me have all the fun. What questions will you be asking during the holidays?